Step 1: Hardware & software
- Set-up your Oculus Go’s and make sure you have the Warp VR app installed. Tip: you need just one smartphone and account to set-up multiple Oculus Go’s.
- Delete all the unnecessary apps from the Oculus Go’s so people are not too easily tempted to play other (entertainment) apps. Or take a look at Oculus for Business that offers a kiosk mode setting.
- Label the Oculus Go’s so it is clear what controller belongs to it (otherwise it is very easy to mix up controllers).
- Label all the buttons on the Oculus Go so the trainee knows what every button does on the headset.
- If the VR room has a noisy environment make sure you add (noise-canceling) headphones that can be plugged into the Oculus Go.
Step 2: Power & hygiene
- Have a power station where the Oculus Go’s are stored so the Oculus Go’s can be charged after use.
- Make sure you have a rechargeable battery station so trainees can switch the controller battery if it is depleted.
- Offer disposable VR covers for those who want to use it.
- Read our blog post about Hygiene & Virtual Reality to learn more about the topic.
- Offer lens cleaning wipes that can be used once the VR glasses have been cleaned.
Step 3: Setting up your VR Room
- Try to use a room where people have the privacy to safely enter VR (and do not feel that they are being stared at by fellow colleagues ).
- Preferably use a room with dimmed lighting. This helps with increasing the sense of immersion (light will enter from below).
- Make sure you use swivel chairs so trainees are free to turn 360 degrees in their chairs.
- Make sure there is enough distance between the chairs and walls so the trainee can freely turn around.
- Think of a way to distribute the Oculus Go’s. This could be done by a receptionist who can keep track of them or a VR room that is only accessible through identification.
- Add a clear instruction manual so people understand how to use the Oculus Go before putting on the VR headset.
- Make sure there is a good & stable wifi connection so trainees can log in to their own training environment, download their VR trainings and enabling the trainee data to be sent back to the Warp Studio.
Stay in the loop
Sign up for our monthly newsletter to get new articles, product updates and customer stories.