In this Quick Start Guide, I will explain how you can quickly get started with your Insta360 One R 360 Edition. If you bought the Twin Edition, this quick start guide will work for you as well. You only have an extra lens that we do not cover in this guide.
We cover the following topics:
- Assemble the camera
- Activate the camera
- Basic Camera Controls
- Our recommended settings
You need the following parts:
- 1x Core
- 1x Dual-Lens 360 Mod
- 1x Battery Base
- 1x Mounting Bracket
- 1x Lens Cap
- 1x MicroSD Card
Note: The MicroSD card is not included in the box. Use an exFAT Format MicroSD card of speed classes UHS-I and V30 to ensure normal recording. The maximum supported storage space is 1TB. Do you want to know how to easily recognize this? Check the Micro SD card to see if it has V30 on it and look for specific information on supported MicroSD card models (click) here.
1. Assemble the camera
Before you can install the camera, you must first assemble it. For this, grab the Core, Dual-Lens 360 Mod, and Battery Base.
- Align the holes on the side of the Dual-Lens 360 mod to the points on the Core, and press the two together until they firmly connect.
- Align the already assembled Core and Dual-Lens 360 mod to the connecting points of the Battery Base. Then press the two parts together until they firmly connect.
Before you start
- Ensure the battery has been assembled properly. Connect the included charge cable to ONE R in case of a low or depleted battery.
Note: Use a 5V/2A power adapter to charge your ONE R.
- Before use, open the lock cover and insert a MicroSD card.
- Be sure to close the lock cover completely to ensure the waterproofing is not affected. Align the triangle indication marks.
- Install the Mounting Bracket as shown below.
- Attach the 1/4'' Adapter to the Mounting Bracket.
2. Activate the camera
Now it is time to activate your camera. For this you need:
- The Insta 360 One R
- A mobile phone
Note: Make sure ONE R’s battery power is above 10% before activation.
And keep your phone connected to the Internet while activating.
Connect the phone to Insta360 One R
- Download the ONE R App on your phone (IOS or Android).
- Turn on WiFi and Bluetooth on your phone.
- Press the power button to turn on your ONE R.
- Open the ONE R App, tap the camera icon at the bottom of the app homepage and select "Connect now" in the WiFi panel. Then, choose your ONE R and follow the onscreen instructions to connect your device.
Note for Android: After choosing your ONE R in the WiFi panel, the App will pop up ONE R's WiFi and password. Copy the password and go to your phone's WiFi page, then choose ONE R WiFi to connect. The phone will prompt no network during the connection, which is normal.
Activating your Camera
- The app will pop up a notice for activation.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to activate the camera
You have now successfully connected the camera to your phone!
Updating your firmware
When you're done activating your camera, you probably need to update the firmware.
Note: Ensure the camera's battery has more than 10% remaining. And do not take out the battery or the SD card while updating.
Update via ONE R App:
- When you're due an update, the app will give you an update notice, then hit 'Download'.
- After downloading, follow the on-screen instructions to connect to ONE R's again and upload the firmware.
- After uploading, ONE R will start updating automatically. The indicator will be solid blue, the screen will turn off during the update and ONE R will restart automatically after the update is complete.
- You can check the current firmware version via the turn on animation on the screen of your ONE R.
3. Basic Insta360 One R controls
Note: You can also operate the camera and change the settings easily by your phone.
Power on / off
When the camera is turned off, press the Power button to power it on.
When the camera is turned on, short press the Power button to turn the touch screen off / on.
When the camera is turned on, long-press the Power button for 2 seconds to power it off.
Using the touch screen
Swipe down to Open the Shortcut menu
Here you can adjust the screen brightness, turn the touch screen ON / OFF, LED ON/OFF, and find the camera settings.
Swipe right to Access Media Gallery.
The most recently captured content is shown by default. Tap the album icon in the upper left corner to enter the album and browse all.
Swipe left to Adjust camera settings (WB, EV etc.)
Tap the icon at the bottom left corner to Select capture mode.
Photo：Standard photo, HDR photo, Interval Photo, Burst photo, Night photo.
Video：Standard, Timelapse, Timeshift.
Tap the icon at the bottom right corner to Set resolution and frame rate (see below for our recommended settings).
After you've selected mode and settings, just hit the shutter button once to start a recording, and then again to stop.
4. Our recommended settings for Insta360 One R
We recommend the following settings, first tap the icon at the bottom left corner to change capture mode. And tap the icon at the bottom right corner to change resolution and frame rate.
- Capture mode: Video - Standard
- Resolutie: 5.7K
- Frame rate: 30
Now your camera is ready to start filming, good luck!
Stay in the loop
Sign up for our monthly newsletter to get new articles, product updates and customer stories.