The roles & skills you need to create engaging VR training scenarios
Although VR training is quickly gaining ground in enterprise learning, there are still many organizations wondering how to get started. Creating VR scenarios sometimes requires different expertise. Read on to learn more about the skills needed in different phases of developing a scenario and the possible roles they can be divided or combined into.
With our customers, we see that the number of people experienced in VR scenario creation is growing and that they can be responsible for multiple roles. By understanding the roles and skills required, teams can better plan and execute their projects and create compelling and engaging scenarios. We recommend that all roles are included in all scenario development phases for the fastest outcome.
- Project manager: oversees the entire project, from planning and scheduling to budgeting and execution. Requires an understanding of business requirements and experience in project management.
- Instructional designer: responsible for creating the learning structure of a scenario and aligning it with the company’s learning goals and objectives, as well as analyzing their effectiveness, resulting in a scenario that is engaging and impactful. This includes researching real-life situations and their possible outcomes to provide effective learning.
- Subject matter expert: a domain expert that contributes to the scenario creation process with guidance and direction for the scenario development team, by answering questions and providing feedback.
- Scenario designer: responsible for creating the scenario in Warp Studio by using the story elements and learning goals. This involves creating the right scene types and gamification elements (e.g. timer, hotspots, scoring system) that are engaging and challenging while providing a learning experience.
- Content creator: responsible for creating 360-degree videos for the scenario, including script writing, talent casting, and video shooting and editing. Requires experience with production processes and creating engaging stories.
- Publisher: responsible for rollout & distribution of created training scenarios across the organization, via user registration, LMS/LXP integrations, maintenance of shared VR headsets, and more.
Need to upskill your team? We have you covered with some amazing workshops! Or hire our specialists to outsource your project. Chat with us or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay in the loop
Sign up for our monthly newsletter to get new articles, product updates and customer stories.